What is Post-Traumatic Growth? - Miriam Akhtar
Miriam Akhtar is a leading practitioner of positive psychology and one of 100 global experts invited to contribute to The World Book of Happiness and The World Book of Hope. Miriam was one of the first positive psychologists in the UK.
In this insightful book she explores the new science of post-traumatic growth, answering the most frequently asked questions about the subject, including:
• What is trauma and what is post-traumatic stress?
• What is meant by the concept of post-traumatic growth?
• How do you cope positively during and after trauma?
• How can you strengthen your resilience to keep going?
• How can you grow from adversity?
The combination of the Q&A approach and real-life case studies in this book and a range of practical resilience-building strategies guides you gently on the journey from adversity to growth, showing that it's possible to emerge from trauma's shadow with not only greater well-being but also a deeper sense of meaning and fulfilment in life.